Beschreibung des Auftrages
The Participatory Science Academy (Partizipative Wissenschaftsakademie, PWA) awards funding for the development and implementation of participatory citizen science projects.
With this funding, the PWA creates incentives for the participatory development and implementation of research projects. Teams of citizens and academic researchers are given the opportunity to work together and carry out a joint research project. Dr. Burcu Demiray is applying for this funding opportunity with a senior citizen who is willing to collaborate with her in the following project:
In this project, we will design and develop a smartphone application for senior citizens on reminiscence. Reminiscence is the natural activity of thinking about or telling others about personally meaningful past experiences. Psychologists emphasize reminiscence and life review as a central task of old age and as promoting healthy aging. Senior citizens tend to enjoy talking about their life stories and sharing their experiences with younger generations. However, there is no quick and easy way for them to document their life stories and memories. Therefore, with software engineers, we will develop a user-friendly reminiscence app in which seniors can record, organize and share their life stories. We will, then, pilot and test the app with Swiss seniors above age 65.
– Position starts 01.03.2020. Date is negotiable.
– Unpaid position for one year
– Minimum 8.5 working hours per week (20%). Max 30%. The number of hours per week are negotiable.
- Design and develop the app from A to Z with software engineers
- User experience tests
- Search of seniors to add to our “participant pool”
- Management of the participant pool
- Pilot study with seniors from the participant pool (e.g., survey development, data collection, qualitative interviews)
- Develop research questions regarding technology use in seniors
- Develop research questions regarding reminiscence and well-being
- Between age 65 – 75
- Native Swiss German speaker and good English skills
- Interest in scientific research on aging and psychology
- Interest in technology, smartphone applications
- No career or experience in science/research
Are you interested?
Please contact Dr. Burcu Demiray
- Unternehmen Universität Zürich
- Telefon 079 102 65 74
- Arbeitsbeginn / Dauer 01.03.2020 / 20-30% Pensum
- Entschädigung -
- Arbeitsort Zürich, Zürich, Schweiz
- Webseite https://www.pwa.uzh.ch/de.html
- Woher kennen Sie Seniors@Work? Andere